Tuesday 19 October 2010

Kardomah Briggate Leeds



Briggate nos. 65 - 68 Kardomah Café

28th July 1937. Numbers 65 and 66, Kardomah Cafe, opened in 1908, closed 1965.

57 years of trading, the great depression, two World Wars…….. there must me a lot of stories, memories and anecdotes locked up in the minds of the more mature citizens of Leeds?

Was this the longest open Kardomah café……. One up for Leeds?

Thanks to James Addyman of BBC Radio Leeds for putting me on to this snippet… found at….
http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIdentifier=2002319_22053164&DISPLAY=FULL

1 comment:

  1. My grandma worked at the Leeds Kardomah cafe. Her name was Nellie Rawlings. Cafe manageress was Miss Carson. I think. She was Irish and a lovely lady. I used to meet my gran at the cafe before she left work as a cleaner and have wonderful memories of tea and a pile of toast on the staff room table.

    ReplyDelete