Sunday 21 November 2010

The Cavern Club


Mike Remembers The Beatles in the Kardomah on the corner of Stanley Street, then onto the Cavern Club......

Mike Campbell, Liverpool, UK
I was fortunate to have been around at the time The Beatles were just taking Liverpool by storm. I used to have coffee with John and other mates including Paul and George at The El Cabala in Bold Street or The Kardomah on the corner of Stanley Street. I was able to see them at lunchtime sessions in The Cavern and all over the place at night gigs. I told my parents that I had seen this group who were going to change music forever. I was 16 and had had 2 pints of lager and they sent me to bed because they thought I was drunk !!! But they changed music and John changed my outlook on almost every aspect of life. Not a single day goes by that I don't miss him. Feel free to contact me Lennon People.

No comments:

Post a Comment